The Jessner Peel was designed to remove superficial layers of skin, dry out active acne, dislodge blackheads, reduce shallow wrinkling and scarring, help lighten hyper pigmentation and improve the overall appearance and health of sun-damaged, acne prone, aging skin.
What to Expect
Client may experience a warm, tingling or a burning sting during the application. Client may take ibuprofen prior to the treatment to help relieve any discomfort. After application of peel, skin may appear white and frosted. This will subside in a few hours. During the next few days the skin will appear red and progressively deepen to a tan/ brown color. Skin conditions during the peeling process may range from mild stinging, mild swelling and redness, mild crusting and finally peeling. The skin can become very dry, tight and somewhat uncomfortable. Client may notice exasperation of acne after treatment. Results will vary with each client.
• Use of Accutane 6 months prior to the Jessner Peel, during the treatment, and 6 months post peel
• Prior or current use of Retin-A may increase sensitivity to the acids and intensify the treatment. Suspend use of Retin-A and/or Vitamin A topicals at least 2-6 weeks prior to treatments.
• Clients with a history of keloids or abdominal scarring should not be treated.
• All skin diseases (other then razor bumps, or acne) should not be treated. Viruses and infections, including but not limited to: Active Herpes/ Cold Sores, inactive only if not oral RX prior and during tx, Eczema (inflamed or dormant)
• Waxing, depilatories or laser 2 weeks prior to the peel, and two weeks after the peel.
• Darker skin types 4-6
• Allergy to aspirin, milk, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid and/or Resorcinol
• Pregnant or lactating
• Smokers who cannot refrain from smoking for the first 8 days of treatment will have slower healing time Post Peel
• Do not apply anything to the face for at least 1 hour (post peel)
• Do not get water on the face or cleanse for 48 hours following your peel procedure. Use only Mandarin Cleansing milk or Gentle Vitamin Cleanser.
• No makeup until peeling is complete
• Apply Aquarphor or Epionce Medical Barrier Cream and sunscreen ONLY to the face until the peeling process is complete.
• Avoid any aloe-based products, as these may cause unnecessary discomfort to the skin.
• Avoid the sun, heat or excessive dryness
• Do not pick the peeling skin (use small scissors to cut off loose skin)
• Discontinue all exfoliating products (acids) for 3 weeks following your treatment.
• Refrain from exercise or activity that will cause sweating or perspiring during the first several days after the peel